Monday, September 29, 2008

"Sushine in the morning makes me happy"

Chalk off another item I've wanted to do for a very long time. Painting our mud room.

It WAS light blue--like the bathroom. And a bedroom. And another bedroom. (C'mon folks, a little variety would be nice!?) So, after living there for 4 years, I searched mistint paints at two Home Depot, Sherwin Williams and Fred Meyer, and found a wonderful, warm buttery yellow paint-similar to Avy's old bedroom. (C'mon Heidi, a little variety would be nice.)

Then I painted the trim black. Yes, BLACK! And I love it! Although my eyes still see the trim blue. But nothing that a black rug will fix. So now my (clean) kitchen looks like it has a little sister, not a reject appendage tagging along for kicks.

I think I'll play John Denver in there this afternoon when I get home and admire it some more.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Sounds fun! The colors remind me of a school bus, which is perfect for the kid art and kid coats, and kid shoes that have their home in that cute room.