Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to School

After a fun summer of spontaneity, relaxing (and a fair share of working), turning a cold shoulder to bedtimes and not caring who catches the early worm, organization and schedules have re-entered our lives.

Slade gets up first at 5:35. He heads to the kitchen and makes breakfast and lunches.
Heidi showers at 5:44.
Sawyer showers at 6:00.
Kennah and Avy roll out of bed at 6:10.
Slade rides his (well, Joel's) bike to work at 6:40.
The kids leave for the bust stop at 6:48.
Heidi follows up on the bus stop at 6:58.

Ahh, for those of us that like order, it is a little slice of heaven.

By the look of it, the kids are happy to be back as well.



3 comments:

R-girl said...

I was happy to get back to school myself!!!

Alisha said...

Yes, everyone "looks" happy, but can people really "be" happy who have to be out of bed AND out of the door before 7 am? I just can't believe it's so . . .

Or maybe I just want the rest of the world to be lazy like me. :)

SHAKS Watts said...

The hardest part for me is making my mind shut off earlier in the evening to go to bed so I can deal with pre-light conditions in the mornings.

I guess it makes me realize how fun the summers are.

Can you imagine the Seminary trip in the morning in a few years? I'm thinking the kids don't REALLY need it until the are 16 and can drive themselves! (Shhh...don't let that statement ever be used against me!)