Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Big Easy

In news of the week at the Watts' Homefront, we are putting our house on the market. Three weeks ago, we had absolutely NO inkling to move. Then we had a hairbrained idea and next thing you know, we are listing. It wasn't an easy or rash choice. And part of us will not be sad if the house doesn't get lookers. We love the home, the view and the endless possibilities for fixing it up.



So, I have begun the quick, but deep, cleaning and de-cluttering to make it show ready. (Even THAT in itself is a good reason to list a home--all the projects that can be put off have an up front and center due date.)


Yesterday I worked on the kitchen. It looks marvelous to me. All the cupboards are clean, dishes we never use are gone and it sparkles. (But I think that is stuff that only I would notice, Slade had kept it clean long before I came along.)



I'd tried the "self clean" oven latch but it was not working. Darn, I'd have do use the elbow grease version. I skeptically bought oven cleaner. Slade applied the foam last night and this morning, all I had to do was wipe away the foam. Lots of foam, but it was SO easy! Why did I think it would be hard? Why didn't I do it 3 years ago? I have a new love . . .



No comments: