Thursday, September 18, 2008

Momma's Toy & Buster

Yesterday I had a shoot in Richland, WA. Since I was driving right by Corbett, I stopped to meet Lotte's new family member, Buster.

He was like a blast from my childhood. I can't help but think those little wiener dogs are cute. My kids would love one, but I am armed and ready with all my reasons not to get a dog.
But this dog was not a yapper and didn't even run away from home, even with the door open. Other than the poo, the hair and responsibility of keeping something alive, my kids' odds slightly improved. Cute little Buster.
The girls loved him. I know my kiddos would love one. I did hear a good pro this week: just getting the kids out and moving more. Hmmmm . . .

While there I tried out a new toy. A fish eye lens. It distorts things to the extreme. Sometimes that is good to see more of the surroundings or intentionally distort things to bring attention to a particular feature or item.

Sophie was standing right in front of me, but look how tiny her feet are. That green tomato is larger than life.


Or how the flat lawn looks round. It reminds me of a mini planet. Truly, this is Buster's WORLD.



And I love how it makes me want to squeeze Jordan's little rolls even more! Yummy baby fat. Soon enough it will be gone, so pump it up.

3 comments:

meghan said...

Cool Fish Eye!! It seems really good. A lot of pictures I have seen with fish eyes seem even more distorted and hard to focus on; yours are great!! Would love to see more!

SHAKS Watts said...

It can be a dizzy-ing effect. But the very center of the lens is not distorted.

Alisha said...

Very cute pics! I like the fish lens for certain things, like baby fat. :)