Monday, October 27, 2008

Doggie Train

Our cute little niece, Savanah, counted down the birth of her baby for months by saying she was coming in the baby train. Sure enough, that Savanah was right on. Her little sister did come.

We may not have the "baby" train coming to our home ever again. But we have a very cute girl who has an aching in her heart for the chance to love and care for something. Although I fully admit I lack that desire, we have agreed to a dog. We've talked about responsibility. We've talked about our unwillingness to be the primary care giver. We may be loco. We may very well be proven wrong--our girl may grow weary of constant responsibility.

But, isn't love about putting someone else's feelings first? As much as I don't have the "ga-ga for dog gene," Kennah does.

So, maybe this entry is a pre-emptive record for me to come back to; a reminder of the WHY. A reference point to my current state of mind. A place to say, "This is where it all began." And hopefully, of no regrets.

Last stop, Watts' home. ETA: Saturday afternoon.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Very exciting - will it be and indoor pet, or outdoor pet, or both? What kind of dog are you guys going to get? Does Kennah get to pick, or do you and Slade have a say. Thanks for the dessert ideas. I love the wedding cake one. I wish my hand writing on cakes was that pretty. I guess I will just have to practice some more. What a way cute idea with the brownies too!! Yummy!!!

Alisha said...

Woah baby! A new baby might be easeir than a dog. ;) Go Kennah, go. So when's the big day?