Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today

I think today is the kids' 3rd favorite "holiday." There is much planning and scheming all in the hopes to pull the perfect prank. However, they are still working out the correct proportions of believability and presentation. Skills. It's all about the April Fool's mad skills.

Even in my heightened awareness of the mumblings of youth, I still fall for things. Slade woke up this morning and started the day like any other day. Until he came rushing back upstairs, turned on the light and said, "Heidi, the basement is flooded!" So much for my warm cocoon, I was out of bed ready to save all my equipment and supplies. Once I was out, he reveled in his success. That darn Oregon rain makes such a prank believable.

One day I'll get him. And I am so ready for some sunshine!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, so that was just not nice Slade! I am looking forward to hearing what the kids do. I told John that it had snowed last night. After looking out the window and telling me no it did not, I confessed, April Fools!

meghan said...

Ahhh, April Fools! You should make a deal with Slade like I did with Ryan and he can never play an April Fools joke on me with out fair warning by Feb 14th!! I can still play them on him like I did last night! 2 1/2 months and we get to see you guys again!! Yahoo!!

Alisha said...

Sheeesssh. Doesn't that boy know that a warm and cozy bed is a sacred thing and musn't be messed with?!