Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sad News

Slade, as a husband, has certain duties in our relationship. Let's see. He takes out the garbage. He makes breakfast (I do this at times too, but this year he is the b-fast czar.) He does the yard work (he chooses the "natural" plan.) And he MUST, above all else, keep me informed and well-filtered on the NFL. Over the years, I have learned to love the game! And, after many years, there are certain points of the game that I actually understand. But that learning curve is actually shared with two other men, my favorite commentators.

So, this morning I received an fwd article from Slade. Usually I receive these from September through February. I was surprised and then very saddened when I clicked on the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/16/madden/index.html

Does Madden really HAVE to retire? I feel deserted. My learning curve will not be the same. Who can they hire as a replacement that is ego-free and shares interesting and insightful info? Happy retirement, John.

No comments: