Saturday, March 14, 2009

Easy Rider

A few months ago I told Slade that I would forever be happy on Buttercup, the smallest lift at Mt. Hood Meadows. Well, I am proud to announce I actually moved beyond that today! (I think deep down he knew that I would graduate to larger slopes so he gave me time and space and just let me do it on my own.) I still struggle with the toe side of things. And my right leg (and heel) definitely does way more work than my left (ouch!).

Now I know why people risk life and limb. Simply put, it's fun!

2 comments:

qaki said...

I've been skiing for years and I still have one leg that does more that the other(one shin always takes a beating). Maybe I never learned correctly, but I still manage to enjoy it! I'm glad you have learned to love it too.

meghan said...

Rock on Heidi!! If we come next January again, we will all have to go!!