Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Saved? by the bell

At the beginning of the year I saw these bells advertised. Cute little bells on cute little ribbon. Their purpose? To "potty train" your dog. Every time Spock is taken outside, we repeat the exact phrase, "Outside. Ring the bells." And then give them a little jingle. "My dog was trained in one week!" the woman boasted.

I thought it was brilliant. A way for Spock to communicate with the kids to let them know he has to do his deed. We've had it two months. Never has Spock nudged it.

That is until last Saturday, when all the kids were outside and he desperately wanted to be with them. Slade and I were talking and we hear the very CLEAR sound of bells. We looked over and sure enough, Spock is standing at the door. He finally did it. And since he did, we felt obliged to take him outside.

And he's done it since then. Mulitple times a day. Yes, DAY--when I am home. I am now at the bekoned call of a little dog.

Talk about a plan backfiring!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Talk about a huge backfire!

Alisha said...

:) Ah, the irony of life. :)