Thursday, January 8, 2009

Debatable Footsteps

I seem to be in a "talkative" mood today. (Or avoiding things.)

Slade and I have a debate running:

Slade likes the doors of the medicine cabinets and mirror to be completely closed in the bathroom. I don't leave them gaping wide open, I just don't close them til they click. It bugs him about me.

I like the magazines (that he reads) to be stored in the cabinet. Our (one) bathroom isn't large and can easily get dirty. Fast. So, if the magazines are not in visual sight, I believe it stays cleaner-looking longer.

Over the break, he politely called me in and gave his explanations as to why it was important I change my behavior. He had a decent reason and I figure I could do it, if I thought of it. And I do, most of the time. But since he was so polite about his gripe, I figured I do the same thing about mine. Surely he'd see my logic and want to change for me just as I changed for him. He heard my proposal and said, "Keep the doors open." So much for a compromise!

But last night as I brushed my teeth and noticed all the things I could be cleaning, I saw 2 magazines on the floor by the garbage can. But they weren't yellow (National Geographic.) Rather they had some pink on them. And flowers. I looked closer and realized they were "American Girls." Kennah and Avy received a subscription for Christmas which they LOVE. So much so, that they must feel their magazines deserve the ultimate location. Right next to the throne--just like their Daddy!

I'm doomed to have a clutter-full bathroom. No one feels my pain. . .

5 comments:

Michelle said...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ;-)

Alisha said...

Ummm . . . so sorry to be the source of adding to your clutter. And yes, clutter attracts clutter.

Funny thing--at our house it's about closet doors being left "not-quite-closed." But it's me that is bugged. Big surprise, eh? :)

SHAKS Watts said...

Oh, I don't count the magazine as clutter--the girls LOVE it. And they get along sharing it. It must be the Reevie touch!

meghan said...

Ahh, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I thought it was only the watts girls that were that way, I guess it is the watts boy too. We are silly children like that - for our strange behaviors, I apologize. It is the little things that frustrate!!

SHAKS Watts said...

The crazy thing is I am usually the one that wants things in a certain way. But I don't see them "open"--they look closed to me. And I am distracted by all the other dirty things in the bathroom (the floor, the toilet, the q-tips that don't make it in the trash can, the towels on the floor, the shampoo spilling out of the bottle, the dripping water, the toothpaste in the sink, the hair supplies anywhere and now, the daily dog hair accumulation.

If only he got those traits too! :)