Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cute Cousins (& auntie time)

Remember when you are young and single (or engaged)? Everything is so crisp, clean and ideal. Such definitive statements are thought and (foolishly) verbalized out loud, "I will sit next to Slade in church rather than at different ends of the bench to corral the kids." Or, "Our kids will be kind to each other at all times." Or, the best, "My house and dishes will be clean every day." Need I go on? (Feel free to spill your beans. . .)

There is a debate out there that people in that "La-la Land of pre-dashed dreams" will argue. "You marry into the family" vs. "You don't marry the family." For Slade and me, it is a tried-true statement. And one that we also guessed incorrectly. Not that we didn't mind marrying into each other's families, but we thought we'd be enough for each other. Sure we'd see our families, but our nucleus would be it. HA! We were so wrong! (Not to say some out there have had a different experience.)

And I have never been happier to be wrong!

We love that we really, honestly, look forward to hanging out with our families. And each other's families.

The past week, Slade's sisters have been in town. And it has been fun getting our visiting time. Of course, there isn't enough. (But there is a fine line between loving our families and ILF. Gotta respect the boundaries, man.)
For me, I love getting the scoop from my nieces through my camera. Yesterday, Savanah and I had a fabulous walk. It made me realize how quickly other kids are growing up too. Sigh.

But at least I have these fun images to remember! Get ready--she's just TOO darn cute to only put a couple . . .
So this is Laney. She's a happy baby! Really. She lets me hold her. She doesn't freak out. She has round cheeks. How could you not love her?


Savanah is avoiding eye contact with me. . .

But then we head off for an adventure. . .

These are some of my favorite! She let's loose and calls for the dog to come back. (Doesn't it look like she should be yelling, "Hey You Guys!" from the PBS kids' show, 'The Electric Company', back in the 70's?)

"Hmmm. . . that dog isn't listening to me."Doesn't this hat make you HAPPY?! I LOVE IT!!Time to head home. Adventure complete! And Aunt Heidi now gets eye contact.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

LOVE the pictures! It is so fun to have these peeps in town. I'm glad we haven't crossed the line into ILF this week. It's a fine line, I agree.

Jennifer said...

She is so cute! Glad you are having fun with the family. Did they go snowboarding with you? p.s. Electric Co is back! Fridays at 5pm. My kids are loving it!