Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Toy Substitute

Today we spent some time in the park taking pictures of cute little Koen.

Sawyer sat in the car impatiently waiting until 3:00 sharp, when he could begin swimming with other cousins. Avy helped with the reflector. Kennah wandered around doing something, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details. (Poor Spock was tied to a post. Seriously, I thought the kids would harass the dog this summer, not relegate him to the fringes.)

As we finished, Kennah said I needed to take a picture of something and led me over to a spot where she'd created a little log cabin. (Don't you love her new fashion statement? She's been sporting the head band off and on for the past month or so. She even wrote a letter to her principal sharing her opinion that bandannas, in 4th grade, are not gang related and that the dress code could include them.)


She explained the larger sticks are on the bottom and tapered off towards the top. She was so proud of her creation. That's now day 2 of no-cost toys. SCORE!! I am pretty confident, however, if I asked her to play with the sticks, she'd turned her nose up at me. My feelings aren't hurt by her independence--grow girl, grow!!

No comments: