Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sawyer's Historical Election

Yesterday Sawyer talked to me all afternoon about his knowledge of the "electrical' votes.

He then dropped our ballots in the box.

We then enjoyed a fun evening at Mimi's home watching the election results. We've talked for months about issues and political ideas. I vaguely remember my mom liking Reagan, but I don't have a clear memory of the details of Carter's loss. (Could be the change in communications in the past few decades as well. . .) I wanted the kids to have memory of this election.

Luckily we didn't have to stay up much past their 8:00 pm bedtime since the votes came in quickly. On the way home Sawyer wrapped up his "historical" experience, "We don't have to move to Canada!" 11-4-08 is the day Sawyer remained an American citizen.

No comments: