Saturday, November 29, 2008

thankful

I just have to say how perfectly happy I am at this very moment.

I am sitting in my dad and Sharon's beautiful and comfortable home "working" (i.e. playing around on my computer.) Two kids are playing Tripoloy with their grandfather. Their conversations are, "I'll bet Sawyer is bluffing." You're RIGHT - I am bluffing! Hahaha!" That's when I interrupt their happy bubble to remind Sawyer that his poker face is compromised when giving away his secrets. But there is something sweet about a little boy whose honesty comes shining through, even when it is to his detriment.

And the game wouldn't be the same without Grandpa Bruce's deep choral break-through. "Bringing in the chips. Bringing in the CHIPS! . . ."

Then on the other side my little girl is reading The Giving Tree to her sister's dog. Such a sweet book. Such a sweet dog. Such a sweet girl!

And Slade is quietly reading to himself. But I love just knowing he's close by.

And so, I sit here quite contently loving life.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Ahh - it is very comforting having family around. Glad you guys got to see your Dad and Sharon for Thanksgiving. See you in January!! PS- the diggity dog is way too cute!

Alisha said...

Nice post! Yep, life is good after all.