Monday, January 11, 2010

'Til We Meet Again . . .


Last night we said good-bye to Slade's parents for a year and a half. They are headed to NY for volunteer missionary service. BUT how do you say good-bye while feeling the pain? You spin it. So here's my "spin":

They are excited to a very fun adventure, together. And we are excited for them.

They have planned for this time for years. It is finally here.

They are very kind people who make everyone feel welcome. Many people are lucky to have the chance to be with them.

Oh, the stories they will have to tell!
Maybe this is just the excuse I need for the road trip of all road trips!?!

Slade would say to "live in the moment--to accept the now." And so I will not list the many things I will miss. My "now" definitely involves tears. But I can hear Dad saying, "It's a good thing." And it is!

3 comments:

SHAKS Watts said...

i will really miss them and it will be hard with out them.
kennah

Alisha said...

Yep, It's a good thing.

(But I've had my share of tears this week, too.)

I looked in "The Friend" today and rounded up a bunch of feel-good stories about senior missionaries which we used for FHE tonight. I think it helped us all to feel better about it for now.

I'm very excited for them, and trying not to be sad for me. :)

Chiska said...

And now you get to experience the fun of keeping close long distance. It's a fun challenge.