Friday, January 8, 2010

A dozen . . .

years ago I was in denial.

I woke up in labor, 3 weeks before my due date. "False labor," we concluded. Slade took me to work (back in our student-one-car-days) where he helped me get comfortable. But I couldn't do too much from couch cushions on the floor so we went to the doctor's office where it was confirmed as the real deal. Slade skipped class that day and we enjoyed our last kid-free day together.

Eventually we made it to the hospital and even more eventually we met our silver-haired boy. Who knew you could feel so much for someone so small so fast?!



We've loved the 12 years since. Sawyer has a seriousness about him but can quickly revert to a funny little guy. He has particular tastes about things and life, but is willing give new things a shot here and there. Lately, he has shown some impressive maturity that must be coming with age. We can't wait to see what a dozen more years have in store for him.

Milk was $2.03/ gallon (somethings don't change much)
Movie Teickets were $6
Gasoline was $1.19 /gallon (somethings do)

2 comments:

Chiska said...

What I remember most about Sawyer is that he always had a voice! So fun to see him growing up.

Alisha said...

Weird to think about what the next dozen years will bring . . . it's probably much less predictable than the past dozen . . .