Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ironic February

As I left my house this morning to run a few errands, I was showered with sunshine. WARM sunshine! Cheery sunshine! The most beautiful sunshine one can feel after an Oregon winter (although in OR's defense, it hasn't been as rainy as usual.)

Immediately, I remembered all the WONDERFUL things about summers in Oregon: concerts in the park, being outside with the kids, the St. Paul Rodeo, taking Slade's car to work on my tan, my very favorite sandals, watermelon. It was bliss thinking about it all.

But then my been-in-OR-for-a-decade-experience reality came screeching back. Just when I think the bliss has arrived, it disappears. Sigh.

I am smarter than that THIS year! I will not get sucked in. I will not unpack summer clothes. Until there are 3 days of this feeling. IN A ROW.

But maybe I will ride my bike this afternoon . . .

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So did you ride your bike? I don't get out summer clothes until July. Even then I wear a sweater! In memory of your 6 word love story; Not yet loving Oregon weather. Trying.

SHAKS Watts said...

Hard adjustment, California girl. LUCKY us!

Alisha said...

:)

Three days in a row . . . ain't gonna happen until May if we are lucky. More likely July.

Michelle said...

You should be a columnist!