Monday, November 30, 2009

Decorations

About 8 years into our marriage, our original wedding gifts were looking hammered. That's what life (and kids!) will do to things. We're fine with that, we recognize reality. But there are a few things that I wasn't OK being "broken in". One of those items was a beautiful lace cloth handmade by Slade's grandmother. Although special and significant, I opted to enjoy it in the LONG run by packing it away for a few years. It deserved this delicate treatment.

One day last week, in passing, I saw it out but still folded up. I know I didn't unpack it and figured I was imagining things. If I don't acknowledge it, it will magically return to it's safety zone, right!? I know, wishful thinking.

Later this is where I found it:

I LOVE that someone recognized it's charm AND took the initiative to beautify our home. And in such a unique way. Never did I think a telephone needed such pampering.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

:) Who's the little Martha lurking in your home?

Did it resurface with the Christmas decorations?