Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Middle of the Night Call

Sunday evening/ EARLY Monday morning my cell phone rang. Since it was close to my bed I answered (had it been across the room I would have let it ring.)

"Hello?"

"Mom, this is Kennah."

"Yeah?" Realizing she must be calling from the land line in her room.

"Can Dad come get me? I'm scared."

Happily I passed the news on to Slade and returned to sleep. After all, he's the one that tried to show them a suspenseful show in honor of Halloween. Kennah may talk big, but she's still a little girl inside.

The next day Slade asked Kennah why she didn't just ask me to come get her. "Mom sounded tired." I sure do love that girl!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

That's hilarious--on so many levels.

Let's hear it for October and creepiness. London decided to read Harry Potter and got too scared to sleep the other night.