Monday, August 10, 2009

Orange Crush

That's what I immediately thought of as I walked into the basement this afternoon.

Why? Because it smelled like my grandparents' basement over 3 decades ago.

Drinking soda (Orange Crush was my soda of choice) was a HUGE treat as a child. And it pretty much only took place at Gammy and Bobpa's home. And their extra refrigerator storing the cans was in the basement. (Actually, it seems like it was on a landing on the way TO the basement, but I can't actually imagine that scenario as an adult. Is that accurate, siblings?)

I don't know what it takes to make the right aromatic combination, but it sure took me right back! I almost expected a Crush waiting for me instead of laundry. I wish I could bottle the smell and sniff it when I am feeling nostalgic. Or that it lingers for a few more days.

I think I'll see if Jenni can smell it . . .

1 comment:

meghan said...

I wish our basement smell brought back such nice memories! I hate the way our basement smells!! I will take yours and the orange crush any day! Hope you are having fun "camping"!