Wednesday, July 15, 2009

color

Avy's second art class was yesterday. We talked about how color communicates. There were two crafts. The first one ended up taking a lot longer than I planned because the correct glue was lost on the way down stairs (still don't know how) and we had to use superglue as an alternative. But the girls (and I) had a lot of fun designing rings.






In the second project we took 16 colors to describe a mood, place or thing. I love how it ended up. I love that everyone has different things that are significant to them (for example, Christmas Tree, banana split, summer swimming, Great Wolf Lodge, chocolate chip cookies, etc.) And even those interpretations will vary from person to person.

Summer good times continue.

3 comments:

Chiska said...

What GREAT projects! How fun.

Jennifer said...

Are you sure your not a teacher? Great ideas as usual. I love the picture of Kenna. So her.

Alisha said...

Love it, Heidi! You are such a good mom to do that. :)