Thursday, February 21, 2008

I DID IT!!

As it is clear by looking at me and knowing me, I am a physical WHIMP!! If it hurts, I won't participate. If I have the chance of looking silly, I won't participate. If it is cold or hot or not ideal, I won't participate. Hey, like I said, I am a whimp, no way around it. (With the exception of labor/child birth x3--but once you start that you HAVE to finsh it.)

But last night I shed that status for a few hours. I made it all the way up and off the bunny hill lift. Then I snowboarded down (rather than taking the roundtrip version.) It may not have been the prettiest site (my instructor constantly told me to "have fun" which translates into "relax and don't look SO stiff.") It may not have been free of falls. It may not lead to advancing to the "real" lift. But I did it AND HAD FUN!!! Those are two things I never thought I'd ever say in my entire life! My arms are sore from picking myself up so many times, but not so sore that I can't pat myself on the back!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Good job Heidi!!

Alisha said...

Hey Heidi--If you want to play "tag" you can visit my cake walk blog and get the rules.